My new hobbie for 2013! I will be posting pics of my latest creations, whilst raiding my mother's baking pantry!

Sunday 29 June 2014

Jamie's 28th Disney Birthday Cupcakes


These were my first set of cupcakes where I really enjoyed making them! They are so simple:

I googled and printed all of the Disney characters, cut them out and attached them to sosati sticks (which I cut in half) ...

Vanilla Cupcake Recipe - never fails!

(Makes 12 cupcakes)


1 cup + 2 tbsp flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1/3 cup whole milk

Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.  Line the muffin tin with the colourful cupcake liners.

Sift flour, baking powder and salt together and leave aside.
Beat butter with sugar until it is smooth then add eggs one at a time.  Mix the vanilla.  Add flour and milk alternating until the batter looks smooth.
Fill 1/4 cup of batter into the liners with a tbsp or ice cream scoop.  Bake for 20 to 24 minutes until the top is firm and toothpick inserted comes out clean.

(http://www.createwithmom.com/2012/04/cupcakes-for-birthday.html)

For the Icing, I used the following recipe with different food colourings - I used a piping bag with a nozzle:

Preparation method

  1. Put the butter into a large bowl and beat with an electric hand mixer until light and fluffy.
  2. Sift in the icing sugar, then work it into the butter, starting slowly at first, then beating more vigorously once all the sugar is combined.
  3. Add the milk and the vanilla, then beat until creamy and smooth.
  4. If the mixture is too stiff, add a little more milk.
(http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/how_to_make_icing_04669)



No comments:

Post a Comment